Protection of Personal Information
Lighthouse Solution Inc. has set out the below guidelines regarding the protection of personal information, and will endeavor to follow them appropriately, to maintain a relationship of trust with our clients.
- 1. Adherence to laws pertaining to protection of personal information
- We will adhere to laws pertaining to Protection of Personal Information
- 2. Objective of Use of Personal Information
- We will use personal information for none other than the objectives stated below, unless with the consent of individuals to whom the information pertains, or their legal guardians.
- To carry out documentation pertaining to operation of day to day business
- To seek opinions, confirm requests and inquiries
- To respond to opinions, requests and inquiries
- To statistically present data anonymously
- 3. Regarding the method of personal information collection
- We will collect personal information in a manner that complies with legal requirements and social acceptance.
The below methods will be used primarily.
- Through web based inquiry forms
- Through the use of application forms, contracts, hearing sheets, questionnaires, etc
- Through documents related to standard business operations
- Through direct verbal communication with individuals
- 4. Security measures for handling personal information
- We will install and maintain security measures to ensure the prevention of criminal access, loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information.
- Access of personal information in electronic databases will be limited to company employees.
- We will install and maintain security measures to ensure the protection from theft of personal information stored in electronics databases and those stored in paper form.
- We will provide instruction on information security to employees who handle personal information.
- 5. Provision of personal information to third parties
- We will not provide or display personal information to third parties, except in the cases stated below:
- when legally required
- when requested by legal authorities, and we judge that it is a reasonable request
- when consented by the individuals concerned
- when such personal information is required in order to carry out tasks that are outsourced to third parties, of carried out under collaboration with third parties
- 6. Outsourcing of personal information
- When personal information is required by third parties in order to carry out certain tasks, we may outsource handling of such.
Outsourcing of the handling of personal information will only be administered after the third party’s policy on this has been thoroughly confirmed.
- 7. Regarding requests from individuals and legal guardians of release and modification of personal information
- In the case that individuals and legal guardians request us to provide information pertaining to notification, release, modification and requests for additions to personal information, we will confirm the identity of those who make such requests and deal with them in a timely manner.
In the case of such requests being made by proxy, we will require documents evidencing such proxy rights.